The Project Manager has the overall responsibility for the successful planning, execution and delivery of large complex projects with long term business implications and contribute to the overall business strategy.
This includes but not limited to ensuring that all identified requirements of the project are met, as well as, it is delivered on time while meeting or exceeding the financial objectives without compromising quality. The Project Manager is the project interface between the Customer and Business, accountable for developing and maintaining customer relationships and supporting safe working practices within the project.
Role & Responsibilities
· Responsible to the sponsor/s of the project for the project success as defined in the project charter (internal projects) or project contract (external projects)
· Responsible for the management of relationships with the stakeholders (internal and external) of the project, including the communication, information provisioning, and expectations management
· Responsible for holding the kickoff and other project meetings and effectively communicating the project status to the sponsor/s, stakeholders and project teams, including scheduling, minutes of meetings, and recording and tracking all actions identified in the meeting. This includes any follow up communication after the meeting or site visit
· Responsible for contractual conditions and specifications and manages commercial and technical risks and opportunities
· Responsible for ensuring the management of the requirements process for the project, including identification, collection, analysis and documentation, verification, testing, change control and completion of the requirements for the entire scope of the project.
· Responsible for the planning and execution of the project with the support of the cross functional team to include:
· Defining the scope of the project based on the requirements and other information (assumptions, lessons learned, risk identification, etc.)
· Creating a detailed schedule for all aspects of the project,
· Setting the prioritization of work to meet deadlines,
· Creating, executing and maintaining the project communication plan.
· Responsible for seeking, gaining support and commitment for the project plan as well as building the cross functional project execution team and assigning responsibilities
· Responsible for the identification, management and facilitation for all interfaces within the project.
· Responsible for the execution, monitoring and control of the project. This includes change management, configuration management, and schedule and financial management
· Tracking the task execution to ensure that the project stays on plan
· Identifying and analyzing execution variances
· Determining the course of action required with the cross functional team